Friday, December 21, 2007

Reindeer Romp...Cami's first 5K

Cami's school started this fantastic program called, "Girls on the Run". A group of girls meets twice a week and they train for a 5K. Being a high school cross country and track runner, I am a huge fan. After all who can hate it when your ten year old comes home from school bragging about how she just ran three miles?
So here we were at the culmination of their training...The Reindeer Romp. Cami's training paid off well and has given me a shot in the arm that I need to do my own training!

Cami's official time: 32:09
My official time: 33:34
(yes she beat me!)

3 comments:

Lara "Greene" Evans said...

Lara,

I am so impressed that you are still running. It has been so fun to see all of the fun activities that you do with your darling kids. We have a little Ellie too (and she sucks her thumb). I hope that you have a wonderful Christmas and that next time you are in Salt Lake that we will have the chance to see each other. Also I was going to tell you that I have a dear friend who lives in Gaithersburg. Her name is Janelle Jones (her husband is Brian). I don't know exactly where you live but I thought I'd take a stab in the dark as connections in the Church make the world smaller. Have a Merry Christmas and thank you for the darling card.

Lara (the other Lara)

Pete said...

Way to go Cami and Lara! Very impressive.

K said...

Maybe we should have a family goal to all be able to run a 5k in the year 2008. What do you think of that? It could be great for all of us!

google analytics