Friday, May 30, 2008

Go for the Gold!

This time last year Cami was running a campaign for Vice President of her school's student council, which did not turn out quite how she wanted it to. So in true Cami-like enthusiasm this year she decided to up the ante and take on the position of student body president!

So here she is with her enthusiastic campaign crew, eagerly donning their "Cami clothes" as Ellie likes to call them.

Using the same catch phrase that Glen used in his school day elections, she worked diligently on creating a poster extraordinaire to hang in the hallway near the cafeteria.

She worked hard on memorizing her speech for today...

"Good Morning! My name is Cami, and I am running for SCA (student council) President. I will start off by telling you a couple of things about me. I like to read, run, ice skate, and bake yummy treats. In school my favorite subjects are Math and Science. My favorite season is summer and I love to swim!

Now I will get onto the important stuff. If I become President the first thing I will do is banish cauliflower hereby and forever! But seriously…since I work well with others I will be a good representative working with students and teachers to make important decisions. I will also try to think of some new fun spirit day ideas.

Some qualities I have that will make me a good SCA president are that I am always kind to others, I am brave, I work well with others, I try to include everybody, and I have had three years of SCA experience. The main reason I am running for SCA president is that I love our school, and I want to make it the best place it can be. So vote for Cami, and GO FOR THE GOLD WITH GOOLD!"

After a nerve wracking day of wringing my hands, I am pleased to announce that Cami's campaign was not for naught this year! You can now refer to her as "President Cami" or "Madame President" (with a French accent)...whichever you prefer. :)

Cami, we are so proud of you--not just because you won, but because of your resiliency, determination, optimism, creativity, and hard work. What a wonderful example you are to your family and your friends.

Yay Cami!

9 comments:

Daddy said...

Congratulations Cami! We are very proud of the committed effort you put in to this process and we are happy for you that your efforts have been rewarded!

We love you and know you will do a great job in this new role.

Love,
Daddy

K said...

Wow Camikins! Congrats! You are so cool! I am excited for you and am happy to hear you are banishing cauliflower for good!

Denise said...

Congratulations Madame President! So fun.

annalisa said...

way to go cami! that is so awesome! have fun!

Deanne said...

How fun! Go Cami! =)

K said...

Nice new blog layout Lara!

annalisa said...

lara, i, too, like the new blog layout! it's very cute and patriotic!

grandma said...

Congratulations Cami! That is wonderful.

Charlene said...

Congratulations Cami! How exciting for your family and the great support you received!

google analytics