Monday, October 3, 2011

Tis the Season...


....for long, hot showers, pumpkiny treats, sleeping with the windows cracked open, dressing in layers,  hearty soups,  changing leaves, and....
CROSS COUNTRY SEASON!  

After 4 years of being a middle of the pack high school cross country runner (including a year as captain), I still experience a touch of nostalgia every time Cami comes home with mud splattered legs and sore knees. 

Okay, maybe it's more than just a touch of nostalgia.   In what can only be described as a subconscious attempt to relive "my high school glory days" (sarcasm alert), I just let Glen talk me into running a half-marathon with him in November.   Looking back,  I'm not quite sure why I said yes since I run like a snail and anything past about 5 miles is torturous for me, but I'm hoping the muddy, sore knees will make me feel like a teenager again.  


***************

3 comments:

Grandpa-Grandma said...

Cross country season is my favorite time of the year. Nothing better than tramping across a beautiful golf course or public park on a clear crisp fall afternoon. The changing colors of the leaves mixed with the smells of burning wook in nearby fireplaces. Trotting from one vantage point to another in order to catch a glimpse of one of your children running past-shouting encouragement and advice. Five of you ran cross country at one time or another at Blaine and Anoka and later Matt at Mustang. The big meets at the end of the season were always so fun. Thanks for sharing pix of Cami and her experience.

steve-rosanna said...

Run Cami run!!!

Aitch said...

Great pictures! Wish I could see one of her races.

Interesting to note the different styles of uniforms. The girl behind Cami looks like she forgot her shorts :o)

google analytics