Thursday, September 15, 2016

Setting Alarms in My Sleep

Our back-to-school schedule has started, which means that we're all a little sleepier than we've been in a while.   It seems like every time I sit down for more than 10 minutes, my head starts bobbing.    So usually I just try to avoid sitting that much.  That tactic hasn't been working that well lately though, since the last couple of weeks I've been plugging away at this 1000 page tome (Trumanfor book group.   

It's been a real struggle for me.    By me employing a myriad of anti-sleep techniques, that included reading and walking at the same time, frequent jumping jack breaks, eating constantly, and sitting on an exercise ball, I did make it to page 729.    That meant that at least I could participate reasonably intelligently at book group last night. 

I sat down to finish the book today, but immediately started nodding off.   Since I wasn't quite as motivated to stay awake anymore now that book group was over, I decided that I would just allow myself to nap for 20 minutes, then I'd get back to it.    

So I decided to set an alarm on my phone, to make sure I didn't accidentally sleep too long.    Instead I fell asleep with my thumb on the "add alarm" button.  


 I awoke to a text message 3 minutes later and found that I'd set 15 separate alarms  during my short little nap.     

I guess I'm sure as heck going to  be wide awake at 3:02pm tomorrow.  

********************************      

No comments:

google analytics