Friday, November 6, 2015

Thoughts on a Foggy Morning

The air was unseasonably warm and humid for a November morning and the autumn colors seemed muted and gray in the morning fog.  


 The patchy fog was so thick, it was easy to imagine that I was walking amongst the clouds, weightless and without a care in the world.  Only the solid ground beneath my feet brought me back to a sense of my reality.   A reality that is anything but weightless, ever moving, ever full of lists of things that have to be done.      

It was through that ethereal dream-like atmosphere that I walked along, where I was continually met with a sense of wonder and delight as  dark forms cloaked in a hundred shades of gray... 

sprang to life as I drew nearer.  


 Vibrant colors emerging from their wispy cloaks...

  
and reminded me that life is beautiful and solid ground isn't such a bad place to be.  


**********************************

1 comment:

Rachel said...

you are a poet! This was a beautiful expression of the ethereal nature of late Fall.

google analytics