Sunday, April 26, 2009

Birthday Celebration Kid Style

Glen was seriously under the weather and confined to bed for most of my birthday, which meant that some of our plans had to be altered.

Rather than letting me feel discouraged that my birthday wasn't turning out the way I expected my kids stepped right up to the plate and made sure I got a top notch birthday celebration...kid style!!!!

Door decorations by Cami and Emma.


A fancy present from Adam.


A homemade card from all of them.



A beautiful red velvet cake made by Spencer.


Lots of help blowing out the candles.


And a whole carton of Girl Scout cookie ice cream to myself! (of course I shared a little of it with the rest of them) ;)

They turned out to be awesome birthday party planners who made me feel so loved...now if they could just figure out how to keep me 29 for a few more years. ;)
_______________________________________________



Disclaimer:
Just in case you're counting, I may have been 29 for several years already. But I will neither confirm nor deny that fact.


PS Glen is still weak, but doing much better now.

10 comments:

Aitch said...

What sweet kiddos! Glad you had a wonderful birthday in spit of Glen's illness!

K said...

I guess we are twins after all.

I'm glad your kids put together a nice birthday for you!

I hope Glen feels completely better soon!

annalisa said...

i'm glad your birthday went well! i'm impressed that spence made your birthday cake:) and samoa ice cream is the best! i also hope glen feels better soon.

annalisa said...

happy 29th birthday yesterday:)

Steve-Rosanna said...

Samoa Ice Cream!?!? Wow! Is it made by the GSA? Does it taste as good as the cookies?

We are so glad that your birthday turned out so well in spite of the hectic start.

Hope Glen-o feels better soon.

Good job on the cake Spence-looks yummy!

Love, Dad-Mom

Deon said...

Sounds fun! Your kids did a great job and obviously adore you. I was 29 for many years until I had a missionary son - had to switch it to 39. Dang - I may have to switch up again in a few more!

Andie said...

Wowie, wow, wow! That looks like the best birthday ever. I bet when your kids are all grown up you will look back and remember this as one of your best birthdays ever--you must have felt so loved! You've got some really great kids.

I know we've already had this "conversation" via Facebook, but Edy's Samoas ice cream is the BEST! It's been my dinner more than once in the last couple of weeks. You are are a better woman than I for sharing with your kids! :)

Deanne said...

Glad to hear it was a great day!

Charlene said...

Glad to hear your birthday went well. What great kids you have! And totally, samoa ice cream? Is it as good as the cookies? two words: Love it!

The Busby Family said...

Happy Birthday Lara!

google analytics