Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Battletime Strategy


1.  Asking nicely
2.  Lovingly sitting down with him at the table so as to be totally available to help
3.  Lightheartedly asking
3. Strongly encouraging
4.  Gently cajoling
5.  Canceling play dates
6.  Bribery with sugary snacks

7.  Telling him in a loud voice (aka yelling) that it's important for him to finish before bedtime
8.  Weeping, wailing, and gnashing of teeth
9.  Throwing in the towel and encouraging him not to do it

10.  Earplugs

Heaven help me....
the homework battle has begun and it's not looking good for the grown ups in this house.    


Does anyone else find it ironic that some kids spend far more time and energy in their homework resistance efforts than in the time and effort it actually takes them to finish the homework? 

Then again, I've been told that I am a pretty gifted housework avoider myself.   

Homework, housework. 

At least he comes by it honestly.   


*******************

2 comments:

Dad-Mom said...

It is all a part of satan's master plan of time-wasting: aka procrastination. Not sure how to break the news to you-but it is not a learned behavior, but a genetic one. And it is definitively a Crain gene from my side of the line. And specifically from me. Once I get started, I am unstoppable and get more done than the average procrastinator. Imagine how much I could get done if I had only started much earlier. So, there-the mystery is solved. Adam is simply a "Crain". Poor boy.

Deanne said...

I'm not looking forward to the HW days for us. At least our school is waiting until Oct. to assign any HW. Until then we are supposed to focus on reading 15 min a day with our kids. Perfect! I can do that without much resistance! Good luck to you and the continued HW battles.

google analytics