Friday, October 26, 2012

Signs of the Time

You go through life and there are signs everywhere.

Some signs make you pause in the middle of your carefree moment and conjure up a fatalistic plan of action should the unthinkable occur....

Other signs are fun and fill you with a sort of longing for adventure...


Other signs give you a little twang of anticipation....

Still other signs are complicated and require reading the fine print...

And other signs are just plain confusing...


Some signs seem glitzy and exciting from afar...

but when you get up close, you realize that the stars are cracked, dirty,  in a raunchy part of town, and really not all that impressive...


And sometimes you realize that the best signs of all are homemade and scratched onto a scrap of paper you scrounged up in your purse....

Clinic Stats:  Weight:  71 kg., WBC:  4.05,  RBC:  4.37,  Hgb:  15.1, Platelets:  147, ANC:  2000+


****************************

 All these photos (except the one of Spencer) were taken while on my vacation in California.

Tsunami sign: as we walked down to Salt Creek Beach at Dana Point
End of 66 sign:  on the Santa Monica Pier
Hobbit sign:  in Hollywood
Parking sign:  in downtown LA
Entrance/not entrance sign:  on the door of the Griffiths Observatory in LA
Hollywood sign:  taken from the exterior of the Griffith Observatory
Walk of fame:  Hollywood, CA
Spencer:   at the Pediatric Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders


**************************

7 comments:

shannon said...

Great post! And fabulous news! Yay!!!

Julie said...

Love e entrance not entrance one. So funny. Glad to hear Spencer is still doing well. Hope you enjoyed your sister and mom time.

Anonymous said...

Lara - So happy to hear all is only getting better and better. OH - And Lynn says he has a candidate for Pete wifedom. Let me know if/when Pete heads out to LA and they can meet up!
~Kris (Teddie) Lehmann

Kathleen Pimlott said...

What a clever way to share the good news. You are so creative. I love reading the things you write, and watching you raise such a wonderful family.

Anonymous said...

I have been reading your blog for a few weeks now, and I wanted to tell you that I really appreciate it. I am 16 years old, I have AML, and also by coincidence my family are LDS too! You are very uplifting, and it is something I looked forward to. :)
Sincerely,
Corinne B.

Lara said...

Corinne,
I don't know if you'll come back and see this message, but please feel free to email us personally. We'd love to connect with you and your family on a more personal level if you desire.
We wish you the best. You will be in our prayers.
Love,
Lara
goolds@verizon.net

Catcher In My Eye said...

Lara,
As a Mom & Gram, I am praying for you and hoping that in 11/2013, that your family is well.
I did find your blog by Googling "Family Christmas pajamas"...
You have a great looking family!
I am sending a hug and prayer your way today, all the way from Oklahoma!

google analytics