Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Dear Spencer,

I just wanted to let you know that there are easier ways to get someone else to clean your room for you than confining yourself to the hospital and getting poked and prodded a gazillion times a day.  Surely a little case of mono or a broken leg would have done the trick just fine.   Of course, since the hospital method did prove highly effective in your case, I hope you realize the shock you caused your dear mother when I saw the floor in your closet for the first time in years.  Carpet over the hardwoods in there?  Who knew?! 
Love you sweetie!  Get better soon! 

Love,
Mom


Spencer

the fevers have subsided! 

the mucositis is improved!

Spencer had a little big earwax removal procedure yesterday that went down in the nurses' record books for its pure awesomeness.  It was so impressive, in fact, that Nurse Becca saved the wax so she could show off its massiveness to her colleagues (and to me, who, to your relief,  resisted taking a picture of it for the blog).    With the wax gone though,  the doctors can see that he has an infection in his right ear.  He's on so many antibiotics right now already though, so he should be good. 

he's in process of receiving his 4th blood transfusion. 

he's devouring the Heroes of Olympus series.

they're trying a new anti-nausea medicine and anesthesia for tomorrow's spinal tap and they've warned us that it's likely going to make him extra sleepy for much of the day.  If you're planning on visiting on Thursday, you'll definitely want to call the room first to make sure he's up for it.   703-776-4513 



****************************************

"A merry heart doeth good like a medicine..." 
Proverbs 17:22

3 comments:

K said...

I never knew Spencer's closet was so big! I can't wait to see the finished room!

I am so happy to hear the fever is gone and his mucositis is improved. What a relief. Having his ears unclogged has got to be a big deal too, right? He can hear again? Funny that they are saving the wax to show everyone. Eeeewww!

Steve said...

Typing this from somewhere over Nebraska around 40,000' via SWA's WiFi network. Who knew? Ain't technology amazing. Be there sometime before midnight and looking forward to visiting Spence in the morning. So, I hope that he is not overly groggy!

Love you Spence!

clarsen said...

I had to get my ears cleaned out a couple of months ago because I couldn't hear out of one of them. My kids were being crazy and Reese was screaming when they were ready to do it, the doctor asked me if I was sure I wanted them to do it! Hopefully, that will help with his infection! Good Luck! We are praying for you guys!

google analytics