Friday, March 25, 2016

Just a Quick Jaunt


March 24: 
Ask me what my idea of a perfect day is and it will certainly include a hike of some length or another.       So when my friend invited me to come along with her kids on a 10-miler on Thursday, I was only too excited to sign us up! 

It was a cool urban hike that had us hiking across a river (where they had to stop and throw a few rocks)...

 and across the Virginia/DC line and onto Georgetown University.  

Despite the urban setting, we still got to see some wildlife, including some deer who were very unjittery around humans....

and a big bullfrog! 

The blossoms were beautiful.... 


and after TWELVE WHOLE MILES (yes, it was two miles more than we expected)...

they were good and ready for a celebratory Slurpee!

Beautiful day, long hike, great company.... 
it was a great day!   

*************************

No comments:

google analytics