Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Beware the Ides of March


March 15:   
"Beware the Ides of March," Shakespeare warned us hundreds of years ago.   Still I woke up today and attempted to function!  And only a couple days after the advent of Daylight Savings Time at that!  

It was not pretty.    

I yelled at the kids.  I tore into a project, only to get half-way done and abandon it, leaving a bigger mess than I started with.   I backed out of a commitment.   I worried more over the situation with Mr. Jerk Bully.  I never put on make-up or changed out of my sweats.  I obsessed over a weird new mole that randomly appeared on my foot.  I was anti-social when a friend was over.  I laid down on the floor to do sit-ups and fell asleep.  I had to put myself into time-out several times.  

In a small victory though, I did manage to eat well for the day.   We are off the Whole30 diet now, but we are still trying to be better about watching what we eat.  Tonight we had baked salmon over chopped spinach with a fresh fruit salsa.   It was delicious and made me *almost* forget about wanting to eat a decadent dessert too!   I held fast though, even if it probably contributed to my general state of nonfunction today! 

Later, in an attempt to salvage what was a fairly crappy day, we went to the gym to at least try and get some exercise.   

Too bad the kids were so excited about rock climbing and swimming (things that need chaperones), that I didn't get an ounce of exercise. 

They had a great time and can't wait to come back again.  

I, however, will forever shun gyms and interactions with all humans, projects, and productivity on all future Ides of Marches that come along!    I think it probably best for everyone that way.  


************************

1 comment:

The McArthur Family said...

I love how 'real' and genuine you always are. Completely relate-able and endearing! Life's a trip, ain't it?!

google analytics