Friday, March 4, 2016

Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Morning


March 4: 
These woods are ones I really know. 
I drive through them daily to and fro; 
I sometimes like to stop here 
To watch the woods fill up with snow. 

My little car must think it queer 
To drive with so many snowflakes near 
In the quiet woods near my house just starting to awake
The gray and sparkly morning:  likely the last of the year. 

I pause to soak it in and then a deep breath take  
And brace myself for another day to move and shake. 
My list of things to-do is long and deep 
Full of busy tasks and decisions to make. 

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, 
But I have promises to keep, 
And miles to go before I sleep, 
And miles to go before I sleep.

with apologies to Robert Frost
*************************

google analytics