Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Name them one by one...

We've recently begun a new tradition in our house to help our kids better recognize the many blessings in their lives. Each night before bed we take turns sharing three specific things that we were grateful for through the day. It's been heartwarming and humorous to hear what's on their minds.

Ellie's been sick all day, so I couldn't help but smile a bit tonight when she shared what she was grateful for....

"I'm grateful that my fever's going to be gone in the morning."

"I'm grateful that when my fever's gone I get to go to preschool."

"I'm grateful that I'm tired."

and that is why I love my job (most of the time anyway).

3 comments:

Matthew said...

I am also glad that her fever will be gone in the morning. And you are probably grateful that she was tired. She is just too cute. We love Ellie Bellie.

Charlene said...

That is a great idea. I will need to try that at home.

Valerie H. said...

I love the faith of a child.--Great Aunt Valerie

google analytics