Wednesday, July 22, 2009

My Trip in NUMB3RS

After a VERY long day yesterday with more than 12 hours spent in airports and airplanes, Ellie and I are finally back home again. I have a whole list of blog ideas that I'm busting to write, but I really wanted to get this summary of the trip down before I forget everything.

So, in an effort not to bore you with too many pictures and boring descriptions you don't care about, I am trying out an idea I did a few years ago....


My trip summary in NUMB3RS:



10
years ago (or more) since I'd last seen most of my Hepworth cousins.

9
times a day that Ellie and her cousin Andrew tried to turn on the TV each day.


8 decades young: I was so happy to be a part of the surprise party for my Nana's 80th birthday.

7--$20 bills plunked down at the BYU Bookstore for new Cougar paraphernalia indoctrination for the kids.
6
straight days away from my family....hip hip hooray! (for the first day or two anyway)


5-hour lay-over in the world's worst airport. Do you have a guess (or vote) at which airport earns this title from me? I was grumpy enough about our flight being delayed two hours on the third
leg of our trip that I didn't actually take any pictures of the experience (this picture is from our trip out).

4 hundred pictures that I took while in Utah and Wyoming.


3
out of 4 sisters and our Mom...talking, cooking, cleaning, reminiscing, and laughing together.


2 sweet grandparents finally reunited after almost 26 years apart.


1 very tired, VERY happy lady ecstatic to be back home surrounded by her sweet husband and rambunctious kids. Oh yeah, and to be sleeping in her own bed again.

7 comments:

Andie said...

World's worst airport....gotta be O"Hare.

Andie said...

PS Great pic of your mom and sisters. Cute!

K said...

Is it ok if I just copy this post for my own blog?

By the way, I believe it was ALWAYS Andrew trying to turn on the tv not Ellie!

Charlene said...

I'm heading to UT this Saturday and I need to look into getting a laptop for all my blogging stories. It is going to be crazy!!!

Eyeglasses & Endzones said...

So glad that your travels were safe...not comfortable obviously but safe! What a sweet thing to say about your Grandparents! I'm not looking forward to those days at all.

Thanks for your comment on the puppy...good gravy. I am NUTS!

annalisa said...

i'm glad you enjoyed your time in utah! i may or may not be jealous of all of my sisters, parents and one brother being there too:)
i bet Chicago O'hare was the airport.

☼¨`*•.♥RocĂ­o♥.•*¨`☼ said...

1, 2, 3,
iLove the way you Post!
Great Shots!

google analytics