Friday, July 24, 2009

Typically Crazy

Here's a little glimpse into a typical summer day at our house:

She's:

* Wearing her swimsuit at the dinner table
* Drinking fruit smoothie from a canning jar because all the cups are dirty
* Totally making a mess
* Totally showing off her "SMOOSH" (what the kids have termed a "smoothie mustache")
* Refusing to smile for the camera
* Hogging the Afro-- The object of the kids' fighting throughout the day.

********************************************************************************

Meanwhile, I'm:
* Still wearing my pajamas at noon
* Wiping up puddles from where the kids came in from playing in the hose
* Trying to do dishes
* Cleaning our house in an ever moving vortex of messiness
* Attempting to keep the peace by confiscating the Afro
* and trying to stay sane by embarrassing myself in hopes that it will make you laugh just a little...

**********************************************************************************

6 comments:

Cami said...

Did you notice I'm punching Ellie? She seems to be enjoying it.

Mirien said...

Lara, you look so great in that afro! No wonder the kids fight over it.

Andie said...

Oh man, you just made my day! All I gotta say is, replace that afro with a 25 cent garage sale monkey and I could just cut and paste this onto my own blog. Gotta love summer!

PS....I love your blue and brown paint color combo.

Steve-Rosanna said...

Oh, the joys of being back home and in your own element. Although we miss you and Ellie more than you can imagine, it must be so good to be home again.

Love, Dad and Mom

Andrea said...

Hahaha! I did laugh - thanks. It looks like fun at your house. It's giving me future glimspes of what my house will be like in a few years :)

☼¨`*•.♥RocĂ­o♥.•*¨`☼ said...

lol love the AFRO!
What a SUMMER!
we love it!

google analytics