Saturday, July 25, 2009

Day 206--Pioneer Day Breakfast

Our ward celebrated Pioneer Day (a day late) with a good old fashioned Pioneer Breakfast and bike parade.

Emma was so excited to have an excuse to wear her pioneer clothes in public that she woke up at the crack of dawn to put them on. Both of these dresses are ones that I wore when I was a little girl. The blue one Emma is wearing (and its matching doll dress) was one of my favorites. I wore it to church and to school when I was Emma's age. Either my aunt Valerie or Marva had made them for me and I just adored them. Emma's bonnet was a souvenir she picked out from Amish Country.


Here they are in the bike/scooter parade. As you can see my kids were a little overdressed for the occasion. :)

Even little pioneers get all tuckered out running around in the hot sun!

No comments:

google analytics