Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Three Versions of How to Pack

Spencer's version:
  • Print off list 9:00pm the night before leaving for Scout Camp at 4:30am.
  • Grab Dad's hairbrush, the family tube of toothpaste (without the lid), a pack of gum, and your sister's socks.
  • Casually throw items into any random pocket of bag.
  • At 10:00pm inform your Mom that you absolutely have to have a bike lock or you'll have to walk the 3/4 mile to the Scout classes instead of biking with all your friends.
  • Roll your eyes and loudly sigh when Mom asks if you remembered sunblock and bug spray.
  • Go to bed at 11:00pm totally at peace that Mom had to send out a desperate email to locate a bike lock, then a frantic rush to pick it up, and totally oblivious to the fact that you have no underwear, deodorant, or toothbrush in your bag.********************************************************************************

Cami's version:
  • Print off list 5 days before Girls' Camp starts.
  • Immediately start telling Mom all of the items your wardrobe lacks.
  • Go on clothes shopping trip to Unique to fill in those wardrobe gaps.
  • Three days before, start packing your clothing into a duffel bag.
  • Two days before start doing your own laundry to make sure favorite clothes are through the wash in time. Bringing clothes upstairs--optional. The basement hallway is much easier for clean clothes dumping.
  • Call your friend to find out what she's bringing.
  • One day before, give Mom a list of the things you're still lacking.
  • Set the clothes you're going to wear out the night before.
  • Call your friend no fewer than four times the day you're leaving to make sure you're packing "right".
  • Finally leave right on time with the entire list checked and double checked and still worry that you've forgotten something. **************************************************************************************

Lara's version:
  • Decide on Tuesday that I would like to go to Grandmother's funeral in Star Valley, Wyoming on Saturday.
  • Discover that frequent flier miles go twice as far if I leave on a Wednesday rather than any other day.
  • Realize that in order to be able to leave the next day that I have a HUGE, long list of things to do.
  • Spend the evening grocery shopping, talking to Mom, getting caught up on the blog, leaving a few comments, uploading pictures to computer, and wondering whether I will need to check in a bag or not.
  • Finally dye my hair, so I won't have to see all those long lost cousins with gray roots.
  • At midnight, drag myself up to get the bag out of the attic and wonder where the night went...
Um, yeah. For the rest of my version, you may as well look at Spencer's.

8 comments:

Denise said...

okay...seriously...I love that you are more Spencer-like than Cami-like.

Sadly...me too.

Aitch said...

Ha ha! I have to admit that I definitely tend to be on the Cami side of the spectrum when I pack. I always worry that I've forgotten something important.

Have a safe trip.

Holly said...

Wow! Nice to see all the different versions. I giggled as I read through them.

Eyeglasses & Endzones said...

Oh, I was giving your sis some tips for the car ride to Wyoming...Hope that all turned out OK...boy those boys and girls are different huh...

Yeah if I end up in DC next year I am going to get a Bloggers Dinner together...You in?

Lara said...

As I was writing this post, I started off thinking I was much more like Cami when it came to packing. It wasn't until I encapsulated how I'd spent my night in the distracted, disorganized state that I realized the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree. LOL!

Sorry Spence!

Lara said...

Of course I definitely did NOT forget my underwear, deodorant, or toothbrush either....so maybe I'm a good mix between the two. Why am I rambling on so late at night about yesterday's post? Don't ask me, other than my brain must still be in Virginia!

Honey Mommy said...

That is so funny!

I am going to Star Valley this weekend (just me and the boys) to help my mom out after her double knee replacement surgery. Fun, huh?!

Deanne said...

I'm more of a Cami girl! But I figure as long as you get where you're going and have all the stuff you need it doesn't really matter how you got there, right? =)

google analytics