Monday, July 27, 2009

Exposé on Bad Drivers (NEW PC VERSION)

I started off writing this little rant about bad drivers, but then it was brought to my attention that perhaps I was being a little rude and judgmental in my accusations. To acquiesce any of you that may feel similarly I am changing the post to reflect a little more political correctness...

Completely ignore the following:
Where are the worst drivers in the USA?

My sister will tell you that the worst drivers in the US are right here in DC. Apparently we're all aggressive and there's just too darn many of us clogging up all the roads. Both are true statements, but I'd like to give a big cheer for predictability. You figure out the DC driving method and you're good to go.

Glen says the title goes to any and all cab drivers who drive in NYC.

And my opinion? Utah. Blinkers, compassion, and rear view mirrors all seem to be optional accessories there and if you don't own a truck or SUV I'm pretty sure they'll kick you out (especially if you live in Utah County).


New super politically correct post:
I like turtles and think they are cute and, um, green and if everyone drove as thoughtfully and carefully as turtles then the world would be a better place. The end.


****************************************************************************

10 comments:

K said...

I agree whole-heartedly! Utah takes the cake on the worst drivers in America. Everyone acts like they're immortal and they own the road. Don't ever try to merge into traffic or switch lanes there, because they won't let you in! How dare you even try! Utah drivers are dangerous, rude, and should all have their licenses taken away. And no I don't have strong feelings on the subject after just returning from there and having my life put in danger on several occasions due to people's unbelievable desire to drive like maniacs. Tailgating seems to be a sport that everyone participates in. And I should mention, I've lived in Manhattan, DC, Moscow, and San Francisco and I'd say drivers are far worse in Utah, although Moscow would be in a close second.

Mirien said...

Hmmm...dare I admit that I live in Utah? And that I honestly haven't noticed? And that I don't own a truck or an SUV? And that I hope it wasn't me driving by during your visit giving you a bad impression of our state? But if what you say is true, then I can feel confident that if I can drive here, I can drive anywhere--right? But am I ready to turn my almost 16-yr old daughter loose on the roads? Not even close.

Denise said...

lol! I agree that the worst drivers ARE in Utah...but they all have Idaho license plates.

Aitch said...

I'm pretty sure turtles aren't good drivers. Just saying.

annalisa said...

utah. that's all!

Andrea said...

Today I was talking to my sister on the phone (who was driving on I-15 in Utah at the time) and she almost got hit twice during our 50 minute conversation. Crazy drivers let me tell you!

K said...

I can't believe you didn't get more comments on this one. Very surprising that people don't have a strong opinion on the subject the way I do!

Lara said...

I've been thinking of resorting to bribery or something.

☼¨`*•.♥Rocío♥.•*¨`☼ said...

LOL!!!

Have a ♥Lovely♥ Weekend!

Annette said...

Come on, tell us how you really feel! Please?

What if all those ID drivers in UT stopped in the middle of the road every time they saw a cute green turtle? Then what would happen, huh, huh? Did you think of that?

google analytics