Saturday, August 29, 2009

Day 241--Produce Co-op

Every other Saturday we get the opportunity to participate in a produce co-op that my sister-in-law Karey runs. She negotiated with a produce wholesaler who was willing to work with her, and because of the big group she's gathered she gets the produce at wholesale price. I love the great prices and the super fresh produce, but my favorite part of all is the fact that it gets me out of my comfort zone. I would never walk into a grocery store and buy leeks, yellow squash, or zucchini, but I've tried all sorts of yummy new recipes lately with these ingredients (and many others) because I had them in the house already! You're awesome Karey!

1 comment:

Deanne said...

This sounds great! Is it open to anyone or are there special requirements?...

google analytics