Monday, August 10, 2009

Equality for Windows...

Remember this traumatic incident from a couple of months ago?



A couple of weeks ago the window people finally came to replace them. The price was fair, the workers were courteous, and the windows are SO much nicer than the old ones....


BUT the first time I walked out to the street after their installation I realized I'm not such a fan. Do you see the issue here?
The grid sizes between the upstairs and downstairs windows are different and not unnoticeably different---but a big whopping 2 x 4-inch difference size in each grid.

There are a couple other houses in our neighborhood with the different grid sizes, so it must be acceptable look to some people, but to me it just looks S-T-U-P-I-D .

I feel like I'm being a little nit picky and wasteful to have them come out and fix their admitted mistake when these are perfectly good windows, but after all the money we just paid I feel like I should at least LIKE the way my windows look.

Too bad Glen doesn't feel the same way though. He likes the bigger grids upstairs and thinks it's nicer to look out of (I've already scheduled his eye appointment), although he is not opposed to having them changed to acquiesce me. So now I'm torn.

Should I just be "green", hang my curtains back up, and hope that I'll forget how much I hate them when they're covered? Or should I be the squeaky wheel (a title I do not enjoy, especially when Glen doesn't agree), call them out on it, and make them come fix their mistake?


******************************************************************************

7 comments:

K said...

If it's really a mistake, then I would definitely have them fix it!

alexandra said...

The same thing happened to us. They were supposed to put in 4 x 6 grids in the large bay window on the front of the townhouse but put in 4 x 5 grids (which were obviously different from the 3 x 6 grids in both of the side windows). When they came to fix it, they mistakenly put in 5 x 6 grids. At that point, I gave up, but it always bugged me to look at them because, even though the windows matched (at least vertically), the middle window's grids were obviously smaller than the side windows'.

If they told you they were going to put in a different size grid and didn't, I'd call them on it and make them replace it. Just make sure they do it right the second time! You paid for correctly-sized grids, dang it!

Denise said...

I would call!!! You cannot have something in your house like that and not have it bother you.

seriously...how often is Glen home anyway? He doesn't get a vote!!!

Andie said...

I think you have every right to have them fix it. But then I actually like the way the top grids look better! But then I agree that it doesn't match. :-( But then I have a husband who lets me have my way most of the time and sometimes I feel bad about that, so I understand feeling bad since Glen wants you to leave it. But then decisions like these keep me up at night. Seriously. Good luck.

annalisa said...

you should have them change it. that's all.

Steve-Rosanna said...

Change is good...

Andrea said...

Yeah, they don't match. I would have it fixed too.

google analytics