Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Day 280--Brunch Date

When our little car wouldn't start this morning, Glen decided to make the best of the situation. After driving Spence to seminary and school in our van, he came straight home instead of going to work, jumped the car, and took it to the shop.

Luckily it was just a dead battery that need replacing, so it was quick and easy. Rather than rush straight to work from there we decided to stop and get a little brunch at IHOP.

I had already eaten my breakfast, but I figured a bowl of oatmeal could always be balanced out with some cream and butter.



Ellie had no problem eating her second breakfast either, which also ended up being her lunch a few hours later.

After our impromptu brunch, I drove Glen down into the city to save him having to wait for a train in the off-peak hours. I had hoped that Ellie and I could just park and do a little sight-seeing while we were in the city anyway, but after driving around for a half-hour looking for a parking spot I gave up and just drove to the park. It was supposed to be our ward's park day, but no one else was there, so Ellie and I enjoyed the beautiful, but windy day ourselves!





No comments:

google analytics