Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Day 286--Preschool at our House

I had originally hoped that all of our remodeling would be complete by the time it was my turn to teach preschool, but since it's actually barely begun I knew we would have to get creative with toys and space issues.

Luckily it seemed hardly noticed the absence of our main playing area (the basement). Partly I think they were a little scared of all the banging going on, but with the very favorites of the toys upstairs they didn't seem to miss the extra space.

Today our lesson was on Christopher Columbus. Being that it was my 4th or 5th time teaching the topic, I've garnered a few favorite activities over the years. This "boat ride" on a blanket around our house (complete with sailing hats and telescopes) is always a hit! I was a little worn out after motoring around 7 kids on a "boat", but the kids seemed to really get it afterwards. During free-play time they even pretended to sail to America.

No comments:

google analytics